Founded in 1991
J Donegan Company was founded by Jay Donegan after graduating from Harvard Business School and working for Trammel Crow Company where he was the Northern Virginia Retail Partner. Today, the company has handled the successful development, redevelopment and leasing of dozens of Washington, DC-area retail properties.
“With so many years in this business—and in this area, we are very selective about where and how to develop the right retail properties to reward our tenants and the folks who live and shop in the local community.”
Jay Donegan, Founder
SMALL BY DESIGN
For over a quarter century, the firm has intentionally remained small, retaining the agility to engage quickly on retail development, redevelopment and leasing opportunities. The JDC team’s accessibility and responsiveness make the development and leasing process smoother for tenants, broker and local jurisdictions.Learn MoreConnect
ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
In developing—and redeveloping—dozens of Washington, DC-area retail properties, the company’s diligence and commitment to quality has earned J Donegan Company a solid reputation for trustworthiness and ability to deliver on its promises to Partners, Tenants and Real Estate Community.
In addition to the dozens of properties the firm has acquired and developed, J Donegan Company draws on a quarter century of experience, working closely with first-class joint venture partners, including Regency Centers and Valley Forge Investment Corporation, to develop grocery-anchored centers such as these:
- Village at Lee Airpark (Giant), Annapolis, MD – Joint Venture with Regency Centers
- Shops at County Center (Harris Teeter), Prince William, VA – Joint Venture with Regency Centers
- Signal Hill Shopping Center (Shoppers), Manassas, VA – Joint Venture with Regency Centers
- Somerset Crossing (Shoppers), Gainesville, VA – Joint Venture with Regency Centers
- Fairfax Shopping Center, Fairfax, VA
- Ashburn Farm Village Center (Super Fresh), Ashburn, VA – Joint Venture with Valley Forge Investment Corp
- Clopper’s Mill Village Center (Shoppers), Germantown, MD – Joint Venture with Valley Forge Investment Corp
- Princeton Woods Shopping Center (Food Lion), Dumfries, VA – Joint Venture with Valley Forge Investment Corp
- South Riding Town Center (Bloom), South Riding, VA – Joint Venture with Valley Forge Investment Corp